Little Paws Orphan Rescue is made up of husband and wife team Mark and Karissa. They operate out of their home in Sydney’s inner west.
The goal of Little Paws Orphan Rescue is to rescue, rehabilitate and find loving, secure and well matched homes for the rescue cases in their care. They also provide new owners with ongoing support and education regarding responsible pet ownership and preventative healthcare.
Karissa had her first exposure to rescue work during her five years working as a veterinary nurse at the RSPCA Yagoona shelter. She has spent the last eleven years working in some of Sydney’s largest 24hour specialist/referral veterinary hospitals.
Karissa and Mark use the knowledge and skills they have acquired to help a variety of animals in need. This includes:
- Orphaned newborns requiring 24hour care
- Felines that have an injury, disease or illness that requires veterinary treatment and/or nursing care
- Special needs felines such as those with vision impairment or congenital abnormalities
- Felines that require a safe and loving environment to grow and socialise until they are ready for adoption
- Timid felines that require extra time and TLC
Each feline is kept in a home environment where they receive love, stability, socialisation and veterinary care.
Once ready for adoption, Little Paws is able to give you a detailed description of their personality, likes, dislikes and what sort of family they would best suit.
Mark and Karissa use their own money to fund Little Paws Orphan Rescue. The adoption fee does not cover the cost of the veterinary fees or housing to get an orphan to the point of adoption.
Any contributions towards an individual feline or towards their vast running costs are truly appreciated and can be made through the donation section of the website.
If you’re interested in adopting, please contact us on 0419 260 380 or email email@example.com